Paul and Ann have had a challenging year.
- They left Wisconsin and returned to Ann’s family farm, to provide more space for their rapidly growing family. Upon arriving, they found the house they were going to move into in unlivable condition, so were forced to move in with her parents and have been living “out of suitcases” ever since…
- They began renovations on the house, with the help of the Brindle family, but the deeper they went, the more problems they found, and the move-in date continues to get pushed further and further out…
- In the Spring, they rejoiced to find out they were pregnant with twins, but unfortunately the pregnancy ended in miscarriage, which included an unexpected surgery and unexpected expenses…
The good news is that Paul and Ann are now expecting another child!
The bad news is that as this crazy year has continued, Paul hasn’t been feeling well, but with working long hours, and coming home to work on renovations, he hasn’t had much time to spend at the doctor.
Finally, after experiencing some serious symptoms (Ann's blog message here gives more insight) Paul had tests run last week, and the family received some very difficult news:
Paul has testicular cancer that has metastasized to his lungs, and likely other places in his body.
Paul immediately went into surgery the day after Christmas (December 26th) and (praise God!) the surgery went well and Paul was in high spirits when he woke.
Unfortunately, because of Paul recently starting a new job, and the natural delay in health insurance coverage, their insurance isn’t fully active until January 1st, so this urgent surgery will mean even more out of pocket expenses for the family.
- WE NEED TO HELP THIS AMAZING FAMILY!WE NEED TO FINISH THE HOUSE SO THEY HAVE A WARM AND SAFE PLACE TO RESIDE IN WHILE THEY FACE THE UPCOMING MONTHS OF SURGERIES & TREATMENT!
There are many, many people who have had their lives impacted by these two as individuals, and as a couple, so it's no surprise that many members of family, friends, and Brothers of the Eternal Song (Paul's FUS household) have already started planning to pull together to do the work at the end of January (separate communication and dates to come if you want to help!)...but the work will also require professional contractors, and a lot of material.
- WE NEED TO HELP COVER THEIR MEDICAL EXPENSES
Medical expenses have already started to accumulate, and will only increase. Between future delivery bills for the baby, and Paul’s surgery/ies and treatment (TBD), Paul and Ann will be facing a mound of bills. Because insurance isn’t active until 2015, it’s hard to tell just how much.
Please help this family in any way you can! They are two of the most selfless, kind, joyful, and faithful people, and they need us!!!
If you can’t donate, please pray (Ann recently posted to Facebook: We are asking for Blessed Margaret [of Castello] to intercede for Paul's healing. She has been a blessed to long & deserves canonization. We are hoping that Paul's complete healing will be one of the miracles that leads to her canonization.)